Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter...a party and more!

This Easter was my first occasion to have all the family here instead of us going somewhere & it was so much fun! We combined our Easter dinner with Lily's birthday party...

But first, we had to decorate Easter eggs! Now, this did happen after the hunt, but what's Easter without dying eggs? They were more for decoration!



Lily was the perfect little birthday princess-she was so happy to have everyone there and was in such a good mood, despite missing her afternoon nap by 3 hours!


We had cake and cookies to celebrate with. I made the cake ALL BY MYSELF-I've never done this before. My mom has made almost all of my kids' cakes, but this time I tried it. Now, when I was putting the millions of icing star-tips on this cake, I had one of those moments...you know the ones where you are suddenly struck by how much your own mom had to love you and you never realized it. My mom made me a cake every year for my birthday-specifically Holly Hobby cakes with these same star-tips on them several years in a row, and I just never realized how hard it was or that you felt like an 80-year-old arthritic by the time you were done! Not to mention needing an insulin shot from eating all the icing! Ha! The kids helped with the cookies...



On to presents and then actually digging in to the cake...








Taking the stroller for a spin!

No comments: