Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Highlights from the Hike




These are pictures from our hike up West Spanish Peak. We were the most ill-prepared ever for a hike, to name a few things-we left at noon (when you should be coming DOWN the mountain), we took no food, and the clouds looked like they were going to dump at any time. Because of all of this, we took the overlook path instead of heading up the mountain-the kids loved it, they thought it was a true hike & were ready to go by the time we got to our destination.

I was disappointed with myself because we started off the hike in the trees so my camera was set for a shady exposure, when we got to the top I forgot to change it, so most of my pictures are over-exposed & I'm not smart enough (yet?) to figure out on Paint Shop how to fix them better. I've played around with some, but they just aren't the best...also, you can tell that Fall is on it's way because the grass was all dead!

Notice Jack's backpack...Macy insisted on carrying the smaller pack, so he was stuck with it all the way up-I swear it weighed half as much as he did! He was a trooper though. Lily loved the hike-of course who wouldn't when you get to ride like the Queen of Sheba! Ava never knew any different...just snoozed the whole way. The air was cool & crisp & it never did rain on us.





1 comment:

Keri said...

Love the pictures!! so much fun!!!

What fabrics or type of material has your mom made the pouch slings in?? If I find some would she be able to make me one??