Wednesday, July 7, 2010

To Ponder


These are things I've been thinking about:

Is it a sign my kids desperately need a pet or a sign that I need a fly swatter when 3 of them chase the flies around my house, naming them & wanting to play with them?

Will Lily be scarred or have a weird palate when she grows up because the big kids always, ALWAYS give her the yucky yellow flavored treats (that they don't want!)? Yellow suckers, yellow Popsicles, yellow Skittles, etc.

Is it normal for a little boy to try & eat a night-light light bulb? Is there a 12-step process to cure an addiction to sticking things in your mouth?

Should I quit complaining that I'm gaining weight (even though I'm working out) when I am eating Chick-fil-A brownies like they are going out of style?

Will my son ever get over not wanting to be alone or will he want me to move to college with him because he can't be in his bedroom with the door closed? (wait-maybe that's a good thing) Or, will he marry someone his senior year of high school because the impending move will propel him?

2 comments:

Keri said...

Lily and yellow go hand in hand. Bright, shiny, and lovely!!!

And seriously I can't imagine why you complain of weight sexy momma!!! (Is it weird that I wrote that? NAHHH...)

Rebecca said...

Aaron was REALLY clingy when he was 4. I couldn't even carry out the trash without him following me. I couldn't be out of sight. He did get over it before kindergarten, I think, but it was very frustrating (and concerning) when he went thru that phase.

So, maybe it's normal. Then again, the jury is still out on whether or not Aaron is normal...