Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Almost Christmas!

I cannot believe that Christmas is almost here, although typing that seems ridiculous since the kids ask on a daily basis "How many more days until Christmas????"  I went last night & pretty much finished up the shopping, still one gift left to get, but I can't wrap my mind around the fact that Advent is over (I never made it to get new candles) and the beautiful, holy time of Christmas is here.  I really hoped for more anticipation & spiritual preparation in my life this year, but I guess with four kids time didn't take note & pause...it has been a fun season though!  We hosted a real, grown-up Christmas party this year...and it was fun!


This week will be my favorite time...the kids are home from school so no alarm clock to start our day, we have no where to be, and the best part...baking Christmas goodies.  I love to make the goodies-candies, chocolates, iced cookies, cakes, brittle...YUM-O.  I'm scaling back this year just because of the calories, but we will still have plenty to make to satisfy that little Betty Crocker in me!  

To leave you with a little conversation from Lilybug...who told me the other day in a quite dramatic, whine-y voice: "Momma, pleeeese don't sell us to the gypsies!"  Oh, my, we are so literal...better watch my threats!

Lily's godmother was giving her a ride home the other night & this was their conversation:
     Lily: Raise your hand high Nicole!
     Nicole: Ok, but why Lily?
     Lily: If you love Claire raise your hand. I love Claire Nicole do you? Raise your hand!
     Nicole: I'm raising my hand, I love Claire!
     Lily: Raise your hand if you love George, I love George Nicole do you?
     Nicole: I do Lily. Raise your hand if you love Ava. I'm raising my hand.
     Lily: I love Ava and mommy and daddy and Macy and Jack!
     Nicole: Me too. Both my hands are up.
     Lily: Raise your hand if you love Nicole everybody!
 
She's so full of love and excitement for the world and for everyone that loves her!  It's just precious!  I just want to bottle it up and save it to sprinkle on her when she's a teenager!  Ha!

Her loves in life are simple but plentiful...family, babies, shopping for clothes (especially shoes), blankie, a Cinderella cup of milk, and sparkly things to name a few.

Now, the little toot recently realized that she knows how to crawl out of her crib and is getting more bold about getting out.  Guess it's time to look into our options...
Christmas will be so much fun for her this year, being old enough to really understand it all...although, she was quite upset with Santa when we went to see him because he didn't give her the baby doll she asked for RIGHT NOW.  Didn't want to leave...and didn't really believe me when I explained to her that she has to wait for him to bring it to her house.



No comments: