Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Howdy partner!

We escaped for the weekend up to our mountains...it was just what we needed.  We took some walks, read some books, partook in several naps, and enjoyed our little family.  It was a perfect ending to our May.

But, there was something else some of us did...
Something that some of us haven't done for a very, very long time...and was talked into by a sweet-talkin' eight-year-old...
I love horse ears...they are so fuzzy, alert...they beckon me to rub them but seldom does a horse like this.

I went on a horseback ride with Macy.  It wasn't too hard to talk me into it...I mean, look where we are headed.  And, when the wrangler said this horse was named Tucker, well, I knew it was meant to be.  I hoped for kindred spirits in this beautiful animal (but REALLY hoped he minded better than my pooch!).  Such a sweet creature-he was slow & steady (just what I needed) & really listened for my every command...every time his ears twitched at the slightest sound, I thought of Tucker & his smelly, velvet ears that never missed a sound either.  

It was a beautiful ride through the mountains and streams with my chatterbox daughter (who kept trying to get her horse to trot-I think she saw her hair blowing in the air like a scene from Flicka) and my sweet horse.  

Now...you should be impressed that I took pictures while riding on a moving horse & did not fall off.  It's a challenge!  However, the video I took is hilarious-you can tell just how bumpy the ride is!!


No comments: