Wednesday, July 20, 2011

project 52:27 - stolen moments

Finding one-on-one moments...sometimes tricky, but so cherished.  This was taken on Macy's birthday...we found ourselves alone at the church on a beautiful evening and we sat under a tree & had a good talk.  It was truly a stolen moment-no one knew where we were but no one was worried about us or expected us home anytime soon.  Individual time with each kid makes them feel so special & it gives me time to really listen.  And, while I did take a few pictures with my iPhone, I try to ignore it when I'm out with a kid by themselves-they deserve ALL of me for that short time & the kids know whether you are paying attention or not.  No multi-tasking allowed!


9 years ago I became a mother for the first time...wow.  We had a picture just like this one made-her tiny feet just barely more than the length of my big toe and now she's getting ever closer to catching up to me.  But the memories along the way are a well-worn quilt, some so familiar & special, some repeated in the other kids, some with "holes" in them because we've forgotten the little details...all of them keep my heart warm & cozy.  

No comments: