Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sound bites

Remembering those little things that the kids say that are so funny to us parents but not necessarily to the general population, I have to record a few sound bites from the past week.

For the record, this week marked the first time ever as a mom (of 9 years) that I made Kool-Aide.  I'm sure there's a name for this disease (or deprivation if you are thinking of my kids), but I really don't like the stuff and have found it makes better play dough than a drink.  My kids unanimously disagree.
And, I guess it makes pretty good mustaches

In true humbling fashion, after bragging about this big boy last week, he pulled a doozy for his Atrium teachers (Sunday school) that put our parenting halos a little dimmer.  I'm joking about this but am in no way proud of him & he was reprimanded.  But because he has precious teachers (one of whom is a dear friend & sweet beyond words), they still found something nice to pass along.  Mrs. Belinda was asking Jack about the gospel readings which involved a leper.  She quizzed him to find out if he knew what a leper was & he responded "Well, there's two kinds-the one that's a sick person and one that is an animal."  Ohhh, so close.

During Catholic Schools Week, one of the events is a vocations talk for the kids, giving them the ins and outs of being called to the religious life.  A couple days after this, Jack tells us one evening "You know, someday I'm probably going to grow up to be a priest."  And as we are telling him that would be great Lily pipes up and says "Yeah, well, I'm still gonna be a rock star."  Oh, dear.  And, I believe her-she already has a killer air guitar & head bang.  She also tells us often that when she grows up to be big she's going to have a "black mustang car so that I can go really fast!"

Jack & Lily are so very similar but just in a different mold-it's funny to see the same personality in a boy vs a girl.  But don't tell them they are alike-they both hate that!  I pray someday they will bond over their commonalities...and organize Macy.  Heehee!!


No comments: