Friday, June 1, 2012

Last Day of School

Yesterday was the last day of school and we celebrated quite a bit.  The kids' morning ride started with donuts from that sweet momma.  After school, I took some of them to (the best) Chick-fil-A for lunch and ice cream.  Jack went with a friend to a swim party, Macy got to bring a friend home.  And then, they stayed up late riding their bikes.  Just what summer is all about!


This young man is no longer a Kindergartner.  I find myself writing this often, but I cannot believe it.  We always expected Macy to grow up, go to school, but really didn't see him in school and by that I mean it didn't seem he should be big enough.  I cried when I left him that first day, something I didn't do with Macy, because he seemed so lost, not confident.  But it turns out he did it, and did it really well.  Confidence?  Not a problem anymore.  

My favorite thing that the teachers do is put together a portfolio all year that is a surprise for the parents.  Oh, how it shows growth and happiness and just how amazing his year has been.  He writes "stories" now and they are pretty good-I am amazed at what made an impression on him from our lives that he thought to put down on paper.  (Thankfully nothing embarrassing-hahaa!!)

Lily has worked hard learning how to ride a real bike instead of a tricycle.  She is very, very proud of herself.  



Summer plans include camping, riding bikes, swimming a lot, visiting our mountains, sending Macy to a totally awesome camp, Jack getting the grandparents all to himself, our annual Melsey trip, trekking up to my brother's house, and going to see my sweet friend in the "big city".  I also have plans for lots of science experiments and art activities to keep the kids entertained in the mornings.  Lots of fun!

No comments: