Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It was an Aunt Kathy Moment

The first time we went to visit the Nephs at their house, we pulled up to see Aunt Kathy with the majority of the 6 boys lined up on the driveway, waiting their turn for a buzz cut. When the last one was finished, one of the older ones took the leaf blower & cleaned the place up, including I'm sure, some of the smaller boys. It was just funny to see-efficiency at it's best, I guess, as a lot of her ideas have to be.
Now, my mom has always cut my kids' hair but recently we haven't seen her as often as Jack needs a hair cut, so I decided to try clippers on him myself...and remembering Aunt Kathy's wise ways, we did it out on the driveway. No leafblower was involved, however, just the reliable West Texas wind...Jack thought it was great, stood still for me & I think I did a pretty good job!
He's got a mouth full of peanut M&Ms, hence the goofy grin.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Keri said...

HA!! We should have been even more efficient and doubled up... I got clippers this past week as well and gave all my boys their first mommy haircut.

Love that smile.

Tracy said...

Amy - he looks so big! Is he already losing that toddler-ness and turning into a big boy?? We miss you guys so much!