Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Come on, be honest!

OK, how many of you have ever cleaned your oven???? I, in all my 32 years, have never attempted this amazing feat mostly because we have never lived in a house long enough (nor do I use the thing often enough) to really justify all the mystifying & complicated-ness that comes along with accomplishing this task. However, I felt that I was due the experience & hubby was tired of groping through the fog (of old pizza) when I do turn it on! So, if you are inexperienced in this highly technical procedure, I shall enlighten you:


Step 1: Call your mom for moral support-she'll be so proud of you for attempting this, or call me-I'll definitely be proud of you!
Step 2: Take the vacuum & suck up all the big chunks (or use a rag, it's probably safer though your toddler won't be as impressed).
Step 3: Push the "self-clean" button and...and...you mean that's it??? WHY have you never done this before???
3 (or so) hours later you have a super clean oven-take a damp rag & wipe out the (small amount of) powder & voila! I was amazed that it doesn't fill your house with smoke, but there's a slight burnt smell & it heats the place up, but that's it! I never knew it was so easy...

So, Mom, this one is for you...I'm so proud of myself!!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Keri said...

WOW!!! I am so impressed. It is so pretty!

I don't have a self-cleaning oven so to be honest it will be a lot longer before I can even imagine taking on this task.