Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Parable and a Big Day

This weekend, hubby asked the kids to clean their rooms (which, if you didn't know this already, is in the process of being declared torture right along with waterboarding, just ask my kids) and he had to keep "reminding" them of their said responsibility. After some time, daddy was starting to get a little frustrated & a little more stern, when Macy bust out in tears saying "Daddy, haven't you ever heard the parable of the king that forgave a man of his debt and that same man wouldn't forgive someone who owed him money??? Hasn't ANYone ever shown you mercy daddy???" She gets points for application and creativity in my opinion! Oh, and for the drama!


While we really try to build family unity in our activities, sometimes the kids need a little one-on-one time with a parent. On this night, Macy & I had a spa night after all the other kids had gone to bed...complete with a foot soak & rub, hand and nail care, a facial peel (I remember these from when I was a kid-my cousin would put them on us & we'd peel them off, I thought it was SO cool!). Sometimes even tomboys need a girly-girl evening!

On Valentines day, Macy received her First Communion. Her level of understanding and desire humble me at times and I thank Jesus for the work He's doing in her.


This is Macy with her 2nd grade teacher...they prepared in class and at church for her sacraments. She also thinks Mrs. J is the best teacher ever!



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's always funny (and frustrating) when kids use their bible studies to help them get out of doing something. Aaron's big thing is that when I remind him that school IS his job and should be his first priority, he always responds with "I though we were supposed to put God first, mom. And then family. So school should be 3rd, and 3rd isn't really all that important."

One of these days, I catch on and remember to phrase this a little different, but he has had to remind me several times...

Keri said...

So proud of the young girl Macy has becomed. She is exactly who I want Gracelyn to learn from, grow with and lead. Love you guys and the amazing work you are doing with your kiddos. They are just magnificent.