Saturday, March 27, 2010

Afternoons with Jack


Jack goes to school 4 mornings a week, leaving all of our afternoons together-mostly alone as Macy is at school & the babies go down for a nap. I love this time with him because he follows me around, usually playing in some far off fantasy world in his mind but always close. We have great conversations too...sometimes deep, thought-provoking, sometimes downright laughable, like the one that took place on Friday.

Jack, as he's stirring the pot of beans he decided needed tended too: "Momma, I have something to tell you...you know that thingy we wipe our hands on in the bathroom?"
Me: "The hand towel?"
Jack, with his free hand raised for emphasis: "Yes, well...I got a TEENY bit of gum all on it...BUT, before you give me a consequence Momma, there's good news...I got it ALL off!"

How could I possibly come up with a "consequence" when he confesses like this???

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh Jack! I love it!