Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Finishing May

It's official...Macy is a third grader! She has loved Mrs. J & will miss her, it's been a wonderful year. But, I know next year has lots of promise & fun awaiting her as well! Jack was glad to be done with all that "work" in Montessori (I'm telling you-putting together puzzles, making bubble cakes, & the such is hard work! Taxing on the little fella!) but will miss his little buddies. His teacher at the end of the year was still saying such nice things about him, so that's a good sign! HA!! One of the many great things about Montessori is the way the kids are grouped multi-age, so 3, 4, & 5 yr olds are placed together to learn from each other, so even though some friends will move on to kindergarten, some friends will be together still.

One of my sweet baby-sitters offered to watch baby Ava for me so that I could have some one-on-one time with Lily, realizing that she doesn't get me to herself very often. We went & had a pedicure & did some shopping...she was precious for the pedicure, holding very still & acting very grown up. She even enjoyed catching up on the stars while her polish dried! She insisted on carrying my purse the whole time too-I think it made her feel more grown up.



We were also invited to Ava's Godparents' for a family rosary with several other families. We enjoyed this so much! I loved that all the kids were included too-there were plenty of rosaries to go around & we all sat & prayed together...it was the start of a tradition we hope to continue in our family. (For some reason we always thought our kids were too little to do this with us!)



And...this is how you might run across us this summer! We have a bike or a ride for every member of our family & we take up the WHOLE road but we love going on family bike rides!! We're very proud of our vintage bikes(a thoughtful gift from George & Nicole)...they are perfect for getting us to the park & keeping up with the kids!



Now...on to summer-swim lessons & swimming, playing at the park, taking trips and spending time with friends & family. I love it! Did I mention the part about my alarm clock getting to take 2 months off??? THAT's my favorite part!!!

No comments: