Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

As a last minute, thrown-together, that's-how-we-roll idea, we decided to take the family to my parents' house for the weekend. It was like our own private B&B (except I had to cook-my parents were gone)...we took the kids for a hike down to the dry river bed that is at the edge of their property & otherwise enjoyed being away from the responsibilities (& cleaning) of our own house. There's lots of yard for the kids to play in & what's even better-Nana & Bop have ANIMALS to play with & TREES to climb! I think the kids were outside almost the entire weekend.


Along the way, we found a turtle, a snake (I didn't include that picture!), a horned toad, & a hawk & it's nest...it was a great nature walk!!

We also found a shady spot to play in the sand, build sand castles.
Ava liked to EAT the sand...



No comments: