Friday, August 12, 2011

Home alone

Today I am sitting in my house with just the dog for company.  This is weird!  All the kids got to go on a super-fantastic, totally-cool, no-parents-allowed, trip to see both sets of grandparents (very awesome benefit of marrying your high school sweetheart) and get spoiled as much as is possible in 3 days.  They were so pumped, they couldn't wait to get rid of me.

I miss the little twerps.

Since I had some time to think...I got caught up on my Project 52...if you are interested, make sure you scroll down because there are several entries.  I have been a little scarce on my blog...I'm needing rest more than usual.  And, summer is fading fast & it has been a flurry of activity before school starts-we've gone on a few more trips (pics soon), worked on a project for the school, and (very exciting) taken part in the grand opening of our precious friends' new Chick-fil-a!

It seems that every summer has a theme...one year all my memories are of us playing in the back yard, last year it was family bike rides.  This year, it has been "going"-we've "gone" a lot this summer, & while it has been a lot of fun, fun trips, I've kinda missed the bike rides and the back yard and the "home" things that usually make up summer.  As the weather cools off, I'm going to make it a priority to work these things into our evenings I think!

1 comment:

Keri said...

I not going to say never, but I can't remember ever being in my house by myself. Ever!!! ;)