Monday, December 19, 2011

project 52:49 - refereeing

This is an example of the things my children can argue over...which Chick-fil-A cow is who's.  Apparently there is a difference, though I challenge you to figure out which is Ava's & which is Lily's in this picture.


Sometimes the arguing, tattling & picking is textbook ("uh-un", "yes-huh", "uh-un", "yes-huh" or "Mommm, Jack's looking at me!"), sometimes it is humorous, down-right baffling, or exhausting...but it's part of life, learning how to co-exist with other people that annoy you (hello life lesson!) and helping them learn conflict resolution will pay off down the road.  ALL of my children may become attorneys though (very, very skilled at debate).  


Jack's teacher told me that siblings that fight are a product of parents that have a loving, strong relationship because the kids don't worry about their security so they can bicker about the little things.  I don't know if it's true (I know some really awesome parents with kids that all get along great!), but it darn sure made me feel good!!  Haahaa!

5 comments:

Keri said...

I think Jack's teacher is brilliant! I second her opinion!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Keri--wish I'd known that years ago!

Pat said...

I agree with Keri-wish I'd known that years ago!

Rebecca said...

And now that school's out, I expect an even greater amount of arguing ;) Toby and I must really really love each other!

chicken man said...

Yay Chick-fil-A cows!!