Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The visit from the tooth fairy

Yesterday two of the kids had to go to the dentist. Jack has had his 2 front teeth loose for a long time but wouldn't or couldn't get them loose enough to pull. Then he developed abscesses with each one, so it became necessary to remove them.

Fast forward to a late night 3:00 am feeding & this momma realizes (like always) that the tooth fairy forgot to come. So I jump out of bed & slip some cash under the pillow, taking the teeth. I wake up after the kids & dad have and ask "did Jack get a visit from the tooth fairy?". Jack & my husband both get a big grin...and that's when I realize, hmmm-something's up. Turns out daddy ALSO remembered the tooth fairy...and slipped some cash under the pillow. So dad was grinning because he remembered, Jack was grinning because he got $14.00 from the little lady! Oie. I did remind my husband that if there is no TOOTH then the fairy has probably already come! Haahaa! Meanwhile, Jack's rich from our miscommunication...

2 comments:

Keri said...

Awww look at that sweet boy!! I should have tried harder after hearing about that dentist bill. Ugh!!!

Mammasita said...

He might have desevered a double hit after all that!

Happy spending Jack!