Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Catching up...Macy

Macy turned 7 this past month...every year I can't believe how big she's getting! We had a fun party for her, taking her friends to our local ceramics shop for a painting party. Probably the biggest surprise was that her friend Emma (who moved to Houston a couple of years ago) got to come! We loved getting to see the Stewarts! Every year except for one, Macy has picked some animal theme for her party (in true animal-lover fashion!)-this year it was a jungle cake that the bakery did a fantastic job on!

And on another note, Macy in one day held Ava for me, entertained her brother for an hour (without fighting!), and changed Lily's diaper...I say, my work here is done!! Time to find another occupation! Haha!! She's also good at folding laundry...you know, I may have to check child labor laws after posting all of this...hmmm...she really has become quite a big help around here.

Last summer we worked on riding a bike and this summer she has become very proficient! She is fast and no longer afraid of getting hurt, she can turn corners (finally!) and even do some tricks. We have really enjoyed riding bikes this summer.

She says she's not ready for school, only because she doesn't want to have homework. I think she's going to love getting back to her friends and the routine of the year. I'm praying that God will watch over her while she is away from me and that she will learn what she needs to this upcoming year. Even though they have fought a lot this summer, thinking of her being away from me all day again is hard to swallow...




A picture of me with my friends! :)

No comments: