Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Last Day...and the First Day

The last day of summer started with a big, rumbly thunderstorm...I think the skies were sad to see summer come to an end like I was! It was beautiful, sleepy weather...the kids even slept in. The 3 of us snuggled in bed for a long time, enjoying our last lazy morning.

After the rain, the kids dressed up and went looking for worms. Jack was a ninja, Macy a cowgirl, Lily a wrangler, and Ava was just giddy to be included.
I know the doll stroller is not approved for real use but it works so well for the kids! Haha!

And then we started school today.
Look at their excited, happy faces! I think they are glad to get away from their mean momma for a couple of hours a day! Both of them were really ready, up EARLY this morning so we wouldn't be late. Everything went so smooth...no shoes were missing, clothes were clean, backpacks in their places and WE HAD MILK. I wish every morning would go so well.

As we got closer to school, I got more & more sentimental, trying to hold it together long enough for Macy to get out of the car, lest she worry about me all day (that's the kind of kiddo she is). I've got several years of experience with first days of school, why the water works?? I'm still not sure, but I think just realizing how big Macy is, being in the 3rd grade, seeing her more mature and actually excited to start school for a change was hard on this mamma.

However, I put myself together after calling my sweet hubby for moral support & took only 2 kids to Sam's to shop...and it was mighty glorious! No one sassed me, picked up a million "I wanna" things, fought, begged, ran off, or threw a fit in an isle.

Maybe school starting isn't so bad after all!

1 comment:

pat said...

Oh, these pictures are precious, and it will be interesting to see how Lily reacts to being the 'oldest'. Last year she wasn't old enough to really understand that she was the oldest for 3 hours a day. LY, Pat