Saturday, February 12, 2011

Project 52:6-hold you

One of the most precious phrases our babies learn to say is "Hold you!", meaning they want to be held.  It took awhile to understand where it comes from, but it's from us saying to them "You want me to hold you?"  It always starts out as more of a "hole juew"...it's my favorite first sentence!

Sometimes my arms ache from all the "hold you's" of the day, especially when there's a sick baby, sometimes I feel that I was too busy & didn't get in enough "hold you's" for the day.  Sometimes it can be frustrating (preparing supper especially) when I'm the only one who can "hold you"...but I try & remind myself that these babies will only want me to "hold you" for a short time, & then supper preparations will be a lot easier...someday my arms will ache in a whole different way, missing the "hold you's".


I've been around the block a few times with this mothering babies business and it seems that life has become so busy that I forget to totally enjoy the little things the kids do, things that have become old hat at this point.  That's why I'm loving this project...it's making me stop, enjoy, & record simple kid things that I haven't taken time to notice.  Almost slowing down the clock a little...

2 comments:

Erica said...

That's such a sweet way of looking at it :)

Tim+Ginger said...

i love this one! lulu says the exact same thing and i share all your feelings. i know i will miss it one day, but why does it always come at the absolute worst moments? i think she has a 6th sense about when i'm most frazzled and rushed, and that's when her need kicks in!