Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Kickin' the habit

We finally did it.  Her faithful companion, her pappi, said good-bye.




 Naps have been the hardest...that's when she cries for it.  A couple of days she even would yell at me "Daddy said give me my pappi!".  But she's getting better.
 Car rides and sickness will be other times we really miss the pappi...




But, she's been really big about it...she has to check her cup (where we kept them) every night before bed but then she says "Pappi's all gone!" and is okay with it!

Her last night with pappi...but none of us knew it at the time!
Pretty sure I'm having a harder time or at least as hard of a time...she was so snuggly when she had her pappi.  *sigh* Growing up is hard to do...

The day we took it away, I texted Keri the exciting news & we talked about her sweetie & his pappi too...and that her older boy (that's now 6) used to suck his thumb, that she worried about getting him to stop & he did-completely.  But, her biggest regret-was that she was continually taking his thumb out of his mouth for pictures and how now she wishes she had more of that sweet little baby thing.  I thought I had tons of pics of Ava with the pappi but this was about all I found...time changes your perspective.

1 comment:

Welcome! said...

Sniff, sniff..... big girl. So sweet.