Friday, July 27, 2012

PJs-then and now

When Jack was younger, he wore pjs all.  the.  time.  So much that a lot of times it wasn't worth the fight to make him change to go out in public.  We were those people in Walmart, but I didn't care.  Bigger fish to fry kind of thing.  The funny thing was that he would wear them all day and then when it was time for bed, he would "change" into different pjs.  I was scared for Kindergarten, because that meant uniforms & I envisioned battles.  Lots of them.  But it didn't happen, thankfully-he was really happy with the polos & never complained.
So we come to this summer.  The other night I tell him to go get his pjs on & he tells me "already did mom", looking similar to this, minus the shoes.  "Jack", I tell him, "this is what you were wearing today."  "No it isn't mom, I changed!"  So now he changes from one pair of plaid shorts & random shirt into another for bed because "that way I'm ready to go in the morning!"  

I'm still trying to figure out if that's truly his motivation or if it's the fact that I make him fold his clothes now & this makes less laundry.  It seems very uncomfortable.  

He is so unpredictable.  

No comments: