Sunday, July 1, 2012

Together

Last night, for the first time in a week, our family was all back together again under one roof and it felt good.  We missed our big kids, and, well...they had fun.  Haahaa!  Even though they didn't miss us, they were glad to be home as well & it was so sweet to see the four kids hugging & happy.  

Macy went to camp.  Jack went to be spoiled spend time with all the grandparents.  The 3 littles and I went to spend time with friends in Ft. Worth.  Then I brought Macy & some friends back home...it was an epic journey but the kids did amazingly well.  I loved talking with my co-pilot (she was an older sister to one of the boys I brought back) and the 3 friends talked & laughed & shared stories the whole way home.

When we pulled up in front of the house, and everyone was hugging, I saw Jack running towards me with a huge smile on his face.  I thought to myself "awww, my BOY is happy to see his mamma!".  He  totally side-swiped my hug & went for Henry, whom I was holding.  Turns out he was just excited to see his little brother.  ::sad face for mamma::  He didn't even pretend to be excited to see ME.  Durn it.

This was the little girls before we left-they had their purses and were ready!

Claire was fascinated with "the baby", wanting to hold him a lot & asking questions.  She's going to be a great big sister in a couple of months!
(even though he looks a tad worried (haha!), he was happy to be held!)

One of the days we went to a children's museum, favorites were a giant light bright, glowing Lego like things, and the grocery store.  We also rode a train, which I think was the girls' favorite!




On the drive up there I was so excited, just couldn't wait to get my arms around my girl!  I told the hubby when I saw the sign that my heart was doing the Lily Happy Dance.  I wanted to jiggle & giggle & turn around circles!  Haahaa!

Camp was outstanding.  I don't know how they do it, but that crew made a week that these kids will never forget.  They jumped in the car & all started talking at once, telling story after story.  New friends were made, new games were taught, and best of all, they grew in their love of the Lord.

Jack came home with as many stories as Macy...he truly had a blast being the only grandkid.  He caught critters, played with cousins, checked on the cows, watched his pet tadpoles literally turn to frogs before his eyes, found arrowheads & other Indian artifacts, and visited the museum, along with other things big and small.

Summer is passing fast, but we still have lots of plans for fun things to do!  

No comments: