Sunday, July 22, 2012

Sorting through them all

Finally, I am starting to find the time to sort through all the pictures I've taken since March.  There are a lot.  I wanted to go in order, because that's how my brain works, but randomly found these of Henry.  I don't even know how old he is in them, I think right around a month...





Every time you have a baby, there's some adjusting to do-for the mother and for the family.  I know for me it's been overwhelming each time until we get into our groove.  We start out good, with all the help, but then comes the transition time when I'm all on my own & the kids are still out of whack and I feel like I need to get the laundry done or supper ready or any number of domestic responsibilities but really all I get done is break up disputes & sit on the couch nursing.  I have to remember (a lot of times with the help of hubby) that the new chaos won't last (it'll be replaced-ha!) and that in 4 short months we'll be in a better groove.

We are there.  Four months have past and I'm finding my groove as a mom of 5 and the kids are adjusting to their new family.  We still have our days of non-productivity in the domestic arena but that's just life and each and every one of us loves our new family, wouldn't trade this for the world!

(Henry is healthy, praise God.  He's made it through a couple of colds, but on the whole has stayed well & happy!  At his 4 month check-up this week, he was 17lbs 6oz & 26 in long.  He's fitting in 9 month & 12 month clothes, which means I've had to buy new ones for him several times over this summer!)

No comments: