Monday, August 13, 2012

Family Olympics

We went to visit my brother & his family this weekend & had so much fun-a great way to close down the dwindling summer.  They have a beautiful house that we all fit in with some land for the kids to run around on.    

I lent my camera to a friend, so I have very few pictures, all taken with my phone.  

We went to church at St. Henry's, which all the kids thought was super cool.  


Probably the best time of the whole weekend was the family olympics.  Caden thought this up before we got there & they had planned events for the kids to compete in.  The kids had a blast & the adults had fun watching them.  The best part...every kid ate a ton of homemade pizza & was out like a light at 9:00pm.  Success.


Now, we did these olympics up right.  Like, carrying the (iPhone) torch, opening ceremonies, lighting the (dreamers) candle kind of right.

And the winners...by age group.

There was (nerf) rifle, bow & mallow, gymnastics routines (on the trampoline), swimming (in the lake & kiddie pool), foot races (in the sprinkler), and discus (frisbee).  Competition was fierce and some events came down to the wire.  My kids were begging to do it again today, or someday, but SOON.  We just might have to.

My brother & his wife are OSU grads...and he is ornery.  He stole my phone & changed my wallpaper to this-trying to brainwash my kids.  The joke's on him though...if they decide to go out of state to OSU, they have to come live with him!  HAAHAA!!!

No comments: