Thursday, April 14, 2011

Little Lilybug

Today is her birthday...and she woke up with throw-up crusted in her hair.  When Macy said "Happy birthday, Lily!"  She replied "Happy birthday Mae-mae"...and started to cry.  Your special day should never start this way!

And, we had plans for her...breakfast & ice cream & some shopping...but it will have to happen another day.
Lily has had some tummy problems of late.  On Monday, it was almost the same story.  When her daddy came home she was relating the day to him: "Daddy, this morning I got sick.  I thought I was going to throw up but I throwed down."  I guess since she hit the trash it was throwing "down".

In a lot of ways, Lily shows me that she is full-on "three"...as my dad so perfectly said "Three is just the terrible two's with experience."  She also shows me daily that she is growing up & trying to be just like her big sister (asking if I can turn on "Tator Swish" on the radio, which would be Taylor Swift for those of you that don't speak toddler).  But she's also the child that still wants to be the baby...wanting me to carry her, or to let her ride in the stroller, or help her do things she can do herself.  I think she knows a good thing when she sees it!

So, we will celebrate today the little soul that is Lily Michelle...with pancakes and chocolate cake and homemade vanilla ice cream all by request.  And we thank our God for sending her to our family!


PS-in case you have looked at the menu for tonight & are concerned...her tummy seems to be better tonight!  And, can you deny a girl her chocolate on her birthday??

1 comment:

Keri said...

Oh I think you get anything you want on your birthday!!! Happy Birthday sweet love, from the Melbans! We'll do breakfast, ice cream and shopping another day.