Friday, April 22, 2011

project 52:16 - on the go



This week, my body has been stationed in my hubby's chair with a heating pad...instead of in my trusty 'burb...and I finally felt up to "getting out" today.  What struck me first was my gas gauge.  It's STILL on FULL.  Now, you have to understand that me & my faithful steed go through a full tank of gas every week ($100 a week doesn't fill the thirsty beast) running around town...taking kids to school, getting groceries...pick up this or that...meeting for playgroups...helping out here & there.  Being a "stay" at home mom doesn't live up to its moniker these days & honestly I don't know how we ever functioned & got everything done with both of us working (hats off to those of you that do).  


But this week, through my imposed time out from life, I remembered how good it is to be home too.  And, I'm not just thinking of the extra Mr. Ben Franklin that's still in my wallet.  I snuggled...a lot...with the kids.  I read on books.  I had sweet friends come keep me company (& my momma came & took care of us!).  I even watched some TV.  I had a "hall pass" to not worry about the dishes and supper and laundry...and enjoyed taking it easy.


To shift (& try to act like I have a deep, connected point), I have felt this Lenten season has been "on the go" for me as well...I've cruised through week after week, totally preoccupied with busy things, and I find myself tonight on Good Friday 'proud' of myself because I finally remembered to abstain from meat.  Never made it to Stations, or even a fish fry for crazy sakes' (and we call ourselves Catholic!).  I'm taking in Easter with all it's glory & have made a commitment to not let a beautiful moment pass by.  My husband & I are attending the vigil service together & then going with our whole family on Easter Sunday.  I'm so excited to attend both!


"Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; 
and be thankful."
Colossians 3:14-16

No comments: