Thursday, April 7, 2011

Finishing up


All I can say is...life is busy.  I can't believe 3 weeks have passed since our trip.  So, on this incredibly windy, nasty (but we have to love it 'cause we live with it) day, I'm finishing up the pretty, fun beach trip pictures & stories.






Lily is in love with the beach...can you tell?



Sometimes I wonder what's going through her little mind...

She never got used to the awe of the ocean while we were there.







I always tell my kids that I'm willing to take them places & do fun things for them & all I ask in return is to act happy in a few pictures!  They complied.

 We did unwind after kids were snoozing...notice, like good, practical moms, we actually packed a crock pot to cook in!  It was handy!!

Lily & her big green bucket...I love this picture.

And, if this one doesn't say Lily, I don't know a picture that would.  She makes me laugh so hard!


We took the kids on a dolphin watching boat ride from town and were not disappointed!  The ride was chilly, but we saw lots of dolphins playing & chasing beside the boat.  

Chilly but SO excited!!  The girl loves marine animals as much as land animals!
Again, we were in the mind-set of thinking we were at the beach & it should be hot & sunny...so we didn't take coats, jackets, even jeans for this boat ride.  Luckily, there was a blanket to wrap up in!

After the boat ride, we found a seafood place in town to eat lunch at...they didn't disappoint.


And, we did some souvenir shopping...where the kids somehow talked me into hermit crabs.


To finish the trip, we left Port A & headed to Houston to visit our friends the Stewarts!!  We got to stay overnight with them & Tracy was very accommodating to let all of us crash at her house!  It reminded me of old times...and it was very hard to leave them.
All our kids, minus Ava
 These girls picked up where they left off...and loved being together again.  Time & distance hasn't dampened their friendship...

1 comment:

Keri said...

Your pictures along with the special memories make me sooooo giddy we are heading there this summer!