Monday, November 21, 2011

Lazy Saturday mornings

I love our lazy Saturday mornings...no where to go, nothing scheduled.  Kids play, we sit cozy by the fire, eating scones & drinking coffee.

On another note...I used to do this as a kid.  I would bring out my shorts & t-shirts in the middle of winter & go sit on the heater vents.  Why?  I can't tell you...I don't know.  But it's funny to me to see one of my children doing it as well.  I was also a reader like this daughter of mine at this age...she can move through a book in a day or two.  For awhile I thought she was skimming or skipping or something, but she can tell you everything about the book AND pass an AR test on it, so I guess she really is reading!  Haha!

Macy is moving away from toys and into more big kid things to do.  A lot of times, she would rather read her book than play some imaginary game with the other kids & she sanctioned the relocation of Barbieville out of her room.  *sniff, sniff*...yes, she's growing up despite all her promises to her momma when she was three to stay "just this big forever".  You know, so far none of my kids have held to that promise.  Dang it.

ps-look for your "we've moved" address changes in the mail for Barbie & Ken & their plethora of horses-they now live in a country estate with more room for the horses to pasture. (aka-the den)  It's working splendidly as the little girls no longer have any reason to go into Macy's room (except to get into her make-up which was always the primary reason to begin with).

1 comment:

Pat said...

Macy looks like a poster kid for 'getting a good book and reading'! She's so cute in her shorts--she is certainly entering her 'tween' stage, which is so precious--such a neat stage in their lives.