Monday, November 21, 2011

project 52:46 - full of love



I have caught the bug...the quilting bug.  As far as sewing goes, this is my cup of tea because it doesn't require a pattern, it's mostly straight lines, and there's no fittings.  I've always enjoyed the craftier side of sewing instead of practical (if that's what you would call sewing clothing.  Blech.).


That said, this is my second quilt ever to make (first one being a denim one a couple of weeks ago) and I plan on it being baby boy's beloved blankie.  It has a lot of mistakes in it...but it has a lot of love in it as well and that's all that matters.  I prayed for this baby and dreamed about this baby during every stage of making this blanket-from picking fabrics down to sewing on the binding.  


So much of what we do as a momma is done full of love...because we put our whole heart into our vocation.  I've found when I'm dreading some menial chore around the house, if I'll remember to do it out of love and thanksgiving, it makes it so much easier to do.  Those 16 pairs of pants (sometimes more) that have piled up in only 4 days are reminders of my house that's full of love instead of boring pants to fold & put away.  (Don't get me wrong...I am actively teaching my kids how to fold clothes as I put this up!  Haha!)


Just one last thing...and I may have said it before, but so many times people love to say "boy, you sure have your hands full!" And I am quick to agree with them- "yes, I do, and I am blessed they are full rather than empty".  I say that with the humblest regard to those who long to have their hands full and don't quite yet.  I know that this crazy life is a blessing not to be taken granted.  And know that I pray for all of you who hope and long and pray for arms full of love.  

No comments: