Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Easter 2011












Well, we almost made it through church Easter Sunday without incident (I insisted on keeping the girls in church instead of the nursery because-good reason-they had too cute of dresses to be in the nursery!) until I sat Ava between my mom & me on the pew...and then forgot about her...and she fell face-first into the pew in front of us.  Who knew she was only 1 & didn't know how to get down?  Mom & me, that's who.  So, screaming ensued but we recovered by communion.  


We also gave up the farce story of the Easter bunny this year-it was no surprise to Macy or Jack (I was never good at acting this out anyway & honestly Macy is getting to that age-she said she knew the big man in red wasn't real either but didn't want to hurt feelings) & Lily didn't remember...but we did have baskets & an egg hunt.  The kids just knew WE hid them!  The kids were not disappointed-all they care about is whether they still get candy!  Ava found one egg, sat down, & started eating...the other kids in their mad dash would bring her another egg every so often & she was tickled pink!


We had what has become our traditional Easter dinner, inviting my parents & some of our adopted family over, except this year it had a little bit of sadness with it because they are moving.  We will always keep in touch & be close, even if miles separate us & our traditions change a bit.  We spent almost the entire day outside, enjoying the beautiful Spring weather & the company of our family...


I felt I was able to accomplish my goal-taking in every moment of Easter (except for the crying episode)...there were moments when I was moved to tears, like when the entire church was lit only by our candles or when the catechumenates were baptized or when the bells rang at the proclamation of Christ or even when 
Father sprinkled us all with the Holy Water-how it catches the sunlight through the stain glass...I felt 
Jesus' presence for sure...

I had pictures of the beautiful eggs we dyed, but they were on my iPhone...and I dropped it...in the bathtub...and had not synced in a loooong time...so they are gone, along with some other pictures I really wish I still had.  Boo.

No comments: