Tuesday, May 17, 2011

project 52:19 - versatile



I wear many hats...some fit better than others, but in all things I'm learning to be versatile, adaptive, resourceful, flexible.  I've had to learn how to do many odd things...like teaching my left hand & arm how to work almost as good as my right because left arms get tired of holding babies before babies get tired of being held (I hear that builds brain synapses).  I've learned how to do things one-handed, like take pictures with my SLR with one hand (there's no point-&-shoot focus on these cameras).  I've learned how to read upside-down, drink laying down (can't risk waking sleeping child just for a drink!), how to use a public restroom (zipper anyone?) without putting my crawler on the nasty floor, how to drive & keep my eyes on the road while appearing totally engaged in an 8 year old's conversation.  Juggling schedules, meals, errands, hobbies...it takes practice.  


Sometimes the wife hat, momma hat, friend hat, christian woman hat go together like a tailored suit...and sometimes I look like a pirate princess super-hero.  It's a crazy life, but it's the only one we are given and there's no one I would trade with!  I'll keep all my hats, thank you.

No comments: