Friday, May 20, 2011

project 52:20 - tempered

I'm an extrovert, he's an introvert...I'm go, go, go all the time, he's stay, stay, stay (most) of the time...we are opposites in so many ways but we harmoniously meet in the middle more often than not to make it work beautifully.  He tempers me, helps me find the balance I so desperately need in my life because I have such a hard time saying "no".  Sometimes I get frustrated when he says slow down, or this isn't what we need to do right now, but in the end I know he's right (even if I don't tell him that!).  He is my rock, the leader of our family...the one that makes this job of motherhood something I can do.

Being "tempered" is essential to motherhood (at least with my personality!), or you will find yourself crazy.  And I'm so lucky to have the love of my life to walk beside me & take on that responsibility.

1 comment:

Joshua R. said...

I hope that is Matt's hand and/or that's your hip.