Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"I'm weddy to be nice!"

Ah, Lily...you know the nursery rhyme about the little girl who had a little curl...and when she was good she was very, very good and when she was bad she was naughty?  Lily is extremes-usually good extremes, but there's no lukewarm with her.  She LOVES everything, she laughs loud, she talks loud when she's excited, which is most of the time...and she gets soooo mad!  Nothing is off-limits when it comes to her fury, especially with her words, as she can turn around typical mommy phrases ("I said NOW!" or "I mean it!"...and my current favorite "Wisten to ME!") & use them against you.  Well, language like that deserves a little trip down the hall to her rocking chair for a time out.  After a few minutes, you can guarantee she will start yelling "I'm weddy to be nice momma!"

This little girl has quite the vocabulary & practices nonstop every day.  Most of the time you can totally understand what she is saying but she has a few words like "sign-ador" (dinosaur) & "stawe-berry sortcake" (strawberry shortcake) & "cokes" (coats) that can throw you for a loop.  She's also decided she is big enough to go to school & get to wear a "packpack" because she can now sit "applesauce" (meaning she can cross her legs when sitting-apparently this is a rite of passage required in her book).

Tonight, our conversation:
"Momma, you feel good?"
"Ummm...I don't know-do I look sick?"
"Yes, you look sick, you look like you gonna throw up...you need to go do that in the kitchen."
"Will you put me to bed then?"
"No, I'm not big enough to change you (my clothes) buuuut...I can tuck you in.  I'm not big enough to carry you but when you get littler & I get bigger I will carry you right here on my shoulder."


Happy Thanksgiving...I know I'm thankful.


There's nothing like the warmth of a summer afternoon
Waking to the sunlight, and being cradled by the moon
Catching fireflies at night
Building castles in the sand
Kissing Mama's face goodnight
Holding Daddy's hand
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more 



Running barefoot through the grass 

A little hide and go seek 
Being so in love, that you can hardly eat 
Dancing in the dark, when there's no one else around 
Being bundled 'neath the covers, watching snow 
Fall to the ground 
Thank you Lord, how could I ask for more...
(Lyrics from How Could I Ask for More, sang by Cindy Morgan) 



No comments: