Monday, November 15, 2010

Serving others

This past week, my little altar circle prepared a meal & delivered it to the local Ronald McDonald House.  We made yummy taco soup on the very first snow of the season and it was very good!

We were given a tour of the facilities and everyone there-from the staff to the people staying there-were so kind and friendly, so appreciative...made you feel like rock stars!  I was most impressed with the people that we cooked the meal for-they were staying in a foreign facility with a baby or child that was sick, really sick, and they had the time to be friendly.  I don't know how I would be in that situation, but completely focused on your child would be expected and accepted...these families were quick to offer to help & were heavy on the compliments & praise.

As we listened to the stories of the babies & saw their pictures on the walls, I gave thanks to God again for my easy pregnancies and healthy babies.

No comments: