Thursday, March 24, 2011

Barney and nosebleeds

What a catchy title, huh?

Macy, when she was 2 & 3, loved Sesame Street & Dora.  Jack loved Backyardigans and could not stand either of the previous mentioned.  Now we are at Lily...she loves Strawberry "Kortcake" as she calls it, Max & "Roooby"...and most recently Barney.  But she will tell you NOT the "sign-a-dors" (dinosaurs) which is Dinosaur Train-it must be Barney!
Ava seems to have similar tastes...don't you love the boots on Ava?  Really compliments the pjs.

Shifting gears, for some reason my kids seem to be prone to nosebleeds-pretty heavy, without prompting (or picking), hard to stop, striking even in the middle of the night, kind of nosebleeds.  Macy started when she was three & has had them so bad that we actually had to have one side of her nose tortured cauterized.  It was traumatic & she was impressively brave.  Jack now gets them, not as frequently, but he does occasionally.  Recently Lily was reading a book in the playroom & SHE got one!  There was blood everywhere while she tried to find me, saying "Mommy, my nose is drippy!"  I took her to the bathroom & got a tissue to stop the bleeding & while we were waiting she says "Momma, I'm kinda getting a little freaked out!"  Drama with that girl.

Jack shows his little boy humor often-sometimes it's annoying, sometimes it's frustrating, but sometimes all you can do is chuckle.  Today, as always, drop-off at school was a sideshow-kids climbing out everywhere, backpacks flying, doors opening.  The school crew always make reference to clowns in a clown car when we pull up (I carpool with another family).  Anyway, I get the doors shut and pull away & just as I'm turning the corner I see a head pop up & hear "Hi mommy!"  It was Jack-he had hid from the school patrol & thought it was hilarious...so I get in the line again & get some funny stares & they open the door again & let him out.  It was so unexpected, & crafty, I had to give him credit & laugh.  At least he didn't wait until I was close to home!!  Maybe, just maybe, Lily would have ratted him out though.

No comments: