Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moms of the year


I think pretty much anyone who's asked about the trip has heard this story, but again for posterity's sake...I have to record it.


As we are setting foot on the beach, we hear someone say something about jellyfish...so we start looking.  We see these pretty blue blobs & wonder is that really what they mean?  These things looked like they screamed "don't touch me" but NOTHING at all like I've ever seen a jellyfish look like, so we debate it & warn the kids to not touch.

Time goes by...we get more & more comfortable on the beach & are really having fun.  Before too long, Jack has disobeyed me   become more brave & says "Hey mom, I picked one of those jellyfishes up & it didn't cut me!"  Again with the warnings, be careful's, etc but we are gradually letting our guard down.  Fast forward and Cara & I are sitting on the beach, enjoying our time & all the kids have a bucket full of these blue blobs, have named them, made a moat for them & are all-out playing with them.

That night, we decided to find an official name for these strange creatures on Google...
We discovered that we were letting our kids play with Portuguese Man of Wars. Or men of war...I'm not sure.  Anyway...we were more serious about keeping them out of the pretty blue blobs hence forth & considered ourselves lucky to have not had any stings!  By the way...we did find out that they make a cool popping sound when a vehicle runs over them!!

Sand Castles on the Beach
 




The sunsets and sunrises were hazy and beautiful...

And yes...there's still more. 
 

2 comments:

Pat said...

love it, love it, love it!!!

Jennifer said...

This is too funny! I love your story telling and pics! You have got to be one of the coolest moms around!!