Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Posterity

Because one of my main reasons for this blog is to record things the kids do and say to have to look back on, I have to post some random, silly-to-me things the kids have said and include some random (mostly iPhone) pictures.

Nap time continues to be one of my most favorite times of the day, for a multitude of reasons, but this being the top one.  Ahhh...I love baby snuggles and Ava gives the best.
Someday, some day, I will buckle down and make her part with the pappi...but not today.  I'm too afraid it holds the key to the snuggles.

This was the last minutes of the sweetest display of big brother love-not that the love ended, just that the moment passed before I really got to capture it.  The two of them were sitting on the front porch playing, Jack being so sweet & caring.  He & Ava are a good pair.  The compassion he shows her makes my heart smile.
I don't believe in cleaning glass (don't pretend for my sake that you overlooked ALL the finger prints on the door), especially if it's within reach of grubby paws...it adds character to the house...and also warns guests of impending attack from four children.

Remember the movie Teen Wolf?  We can't let him out at night.
It is so messy when you have to trim the furry beast that is my son inside because it's below freezing outside.

This one just makes me laugh-it's her expression.  Fashion is a serious thing, people.


She's holding a phone...and she had been like this for about 10 minutes, without moving.  It's her almost-asleep-zone, except she forgot to unhand the phone attached to her ear.

These two pictures are from our school night at the Discovery Center.  Macy's friend Aaron got to be the volunteer to demonstrate the power of electrical currents.  Did you know you will get a HECK of a shock if he were to touch you while holding on?  The kids could feel "the force" just by him hovering his hand over them.  And, it made his hair stand up-always wanted to do that!


Jack is wearing his daddy's indian war bonnet from when he was a kid.
And a shark tooth necklace.  And a panda bear.  And stretchy cockroaches that stick to the wall when you fling them (thanks Santa).

And, don't grandmas have the coolest things around?  Like bigger-than-life bears for you to waller?
This is Paddington Bear & has been around for a very long time...he started his life in our family in Great Grandma Dovie's shop (I think!) where she sold children's clothing back when my husband was a little boy.  It was called the Cabbage Patch (she was cool before the dolls!).

Ava looks entirely too big in this picture.  Dang it...she's growing up too.
But what this picture does mean is that Spring is on its way...whether it takes a detour (hoping not!) or just hangs around like it's been the past couple of days, we can resume our park time with friends.  And to that I say-Yahoo!

Lily is in a very, very literal phase of life.  She tore up something of Macy's & I was scolding her for it, saying "Lily, shame on you!"  She starts crying, begging me to "not put shame on me mommy!"  I'm not sure what she thought shame was but she knew she didn't want it on her!  She asks every time I mention we have errands to run if we are going to Aaron's house.  If you get onto her for something, she will ask "Are you still my friend?" to which you have to reply "Of course, I'm still your friend Lily" (she will ask you to say it again & include the "of course" part).  And, there's always the funny mispronunciations...today she wanted a drink from the water mountain.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

You might need to Nair Jack's back ;) Great pictures, as always!

Evon203 said...

Love your blog so much, but this entry is my favorite so far. Your babies are getting so big.

Joshua R. said...

Lol, I thought the fingerprints were snow. I was wondering why they weren't wearing jackets! :o)