Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Our trip to Tulsa


At the end of July, we took a long trip to Arkansas for a wedding & then stayed with my brother & his family for a couple of days in the Tulsa area. The kids had all kinds of fun playing with their cousins and I was so sad to leave...I just don't get to see my brother enough & wish our families could spend more time together.

Macy decided weddings were totally awesome, especially when they involve a dance! We loved being at the wedding, it was beautiful...and how much fun to get to see our family, it had been way too long. We truly enjoyed ourselves and were blessed to be there as they started their lives together!

For some reason, I didn't take my camera to the wedding or reception...oh, yeah, that's right-I was trying to not lose a kid (or have them scream!)!

Macy & Boggey
Boggey was in our wedding...he was only 4 years old & I thought he was the cutest little boy. He graduated from high school this year and I still can't believe it. Boggey is a very genuine and caring person-he was so sweet to all the kids & Macy had a blast spending time with him. He was also her very patient dance partner at the wedding-I don't know if he ever told her no when she wanted to dance!



Pirates on a treasure hunt






Speaking of my wedding almost 15 years ago...these 2 young 'ens were mere babes, still in high school-Bethy was my maid of honor, my brother was a groomsmen. If you don't think the wives' tale of whoever catches the bouquet/garter will be next to marry isn't true-ask them! They couldn't resist the power of destiny after both caught the respective items & married several years later.




1 comment:

Keri said...

Love all the smiles!