Friday, October 29, 2010

Jack's Fifth Birthday

Also known as a fifth of Jack...haha, just a little humor on the name play.  The boy turned five.  Officially, it was on the 18th but he argued with me (the one that BIRTHED him!) that it wasn't really his birthday because he didn't get any presents.  I wish I would have thought to ask him how old he was because I'm pretty sure he would have said 4 until it was his party.

It was a super hero party, complete with super hero capes as party favors.  There are a lot of pictures of the capes because they were cute, a big hit, and a lot of work!  Keri & my mom helped me make them...we worked into the wee hours of the night to make these fun little buggars.

The big girls that were invited to the party got a bag with their initial on them instead of super hero capes.




My sweet friend Julie made Jack's Superman cake...and even remembered candles (I had forgotten!). 

There were lots of little boys for this party!  All of them precious and super fun, ready to help Jack celebrate the milestone.  This was his first party to invite friends from school...

Jack is not a man of many emotions...I've looked back and analyzed the whole opening the gifts part & decided that he saw that as a mission, a job, something he had to complete.  He tore through one present after another without pause for comment or reflection, but after they were all open, he took in his goodies & was very, very pleased!

I love this picture, not because of Jack, but because of Mason in the helmet!  See, he was busy playing in the play room & I guess he decided to take a small break & check in on Jack, with his helmet on.  You never know when a lineman might sneak up on your blind side & tackle you!   It's just such a little boy "thing"!




Even Reece & Ava had super hero capes!!  He'll appreciate it in a couple of months...

No comments: