Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday mornings with Lily

The conversation went like this:
(I'm in the kitchen, I hear Ava crying & go around the corner to find her flat on her back, rubbing her head, & Lily looking like a new shade of guilty)
Me: "Lily, why is Ava crying?"
Lily: "I don't know..."
Me: "Lily did you push her down?"
Lily: "I don't wanna spankin'."
Me: "Lily, you need to be honest & tell me what happened...I think you pushed Ava down & she hurt her head."
Lily: "I don't wanna spankin'".
Me: "Lily, when you do something wrong, you have to admit it, say "I pushed Ava down.""
Lily: "Oh, YOU did???"

End of lesson on admitting mistakes.  Will reteach at a later point, when I'm not laughing hysterically.

1 comment:

Kim S. said...

She is so funny! I love your posts of your kids. Sounds like Lily will keep you on your toes.

Are you a pro photog now? I saw the pics of the little boy.