Friday, October 15, 2010

Short Takes and Updates

This little spice of our life has finally decided to walk on the big girl side and try potty training seriously. We are on day 4 and she is doing really, really good.
 It's a different experience than the other two have been, but isn't that always how it goes?  Just because you have raised one baby into kidhood doesn't mean you have it all figured out for the rest, as personalities are different, raising each baby is different.  That's what makes it exciting!

This stealer of my heart got a hair cut this week.  The funny thing about him and haircuts is in order to get him to agree to one, I always have to tell him that our birds need fluff for their nests (something Nana told him once!).  He's always willing to go outside & let me buzz his coarse, brillo-pad head of hair to help our birds!
(And, I got a new lens that I love!)

My getting-bigger-every-day precious Macyroo is playing the piano.  She is learning quickly and it is SO good for her.  One reason we wanted her to take lessons is to help her focus and learn self-discipline...she started out getting frustrated quickly and wanting to give up to where now she's settling in a little more and seeing that she can actually make music.  All the others are learning as well-ha, ha!
I love hearing her practice, hearing the piano in the background of the bustle and noisy-ness of our house.  It's not some long masterpiece (YET!) but it's so soothing and so right.  Before the piano arrived, I was worried that all the banging and clanging on the keys would drive me on over the edge, but it doesn't...I truly love the sound of a piano (aaaand, there's an off button so that helps!).

I am almost 35.  I love being in my thirties...so many things are figured out and stable and yet I feel free to try things I was scared of before.  Minor point-on Monday, we went out to eat at the Outback (hubby's favorite).  I ordered crab topped tilapia and stole a shrimp off my sweetie's plate (not to mention several bites of salmon) & would have like more.  This is only significant if you know me and know how all my life I have HATED seafood.  This plate of food was probably one of the best things I've ever eaten.  I plan on returning often for this delicious new discovery.  That is, when we're not busy eating sushi.

And lastly, autumn is here to stay, I'm pretty sure...one thing that means-nice, hot bubbly bubble baths feel so good!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these precious insights. Lily has not liked having a poopy diaper for a while, so I'm glad she decided to go into action! Great pictures of Jack and your toes! Love you and your approach to life--Pat