Saturday, October 23, 2010

Vacation Days

I called in some "vacation days" for my job and have the weekend "off"!  WOW!!!  Nana & Bop took the kids for the weekend and we get two days...at home...without kids...with NOTHING to do!  You would have thought we won a seven day cruise we were so excited.  

Things I've contemplated doing because we don't have munchkins:
*running a ton of errands because I don't have to buckle extra car seats or hear begging & whining at the store. 
*eating just ice cream for a meal because I'm a grown-up and no one worries about whether I eat a balanced diet.
*randomly taking a nap at ANY point in the day.
*going to the movie.
*reading my new Nicolas Sparks novel for 4 solid hours.

I don't know which of these we'll decide to do, but I'm enjoying every minute of it. 
I also know without a doubt Sunday evening we will be looking at each other with that little smile that says "I miss those little buggars!" and we'll be very happy to have them back home!

1 comment:

keri said...

Cameron and I are incredibly excited to "steal" your idea of a stay home vacation!!