Monday, January 3, 2011

Back in the Saddle

Every year, three years running, at the end of Christmas Break I get this very strong desire to pull the kids from their precious school & homeschool.  Now, before you think it's because we have had such a peaceful, every-one-got-along-so-we-should-be-together-all-day kind of time, I want to assure you it's purely selfish driven.

The fact is...I hate getting out of bed in the winter mornings.  I want to stay snuggled under my BIG, huge, fluffy comforter and quilts and flannel sheets and snooze just a little bit longer.  If I was teacher, we would start school at about 9:00am...in our pjs...in front of the fire...and my kids would subsequently be behind in the learning department I'm sure, but it sounds soooo good in the mornings!

But, since I didn't do that...again...this year, Macy started back to school today, Jack will tomorrow and I'll get out of bed & put on something besides pj's (learned that lesson the embarrassing way-fender bender on the interstate & had to get out of the car in my mis-matched pjs, not pretty.) and take the kids to school.

Christmas was just how it was supposed to be this year...I loved it.  In fact, our whole break was a really fun, relaxing time with family & friends.

No comments: