Saturday, January 8, 2011

Going Paperless

Once again I've learned to never say never...
I didn't think it would be economical to switch to cloth with only about a year left to go for diapers for Ava, but can you believe that it was still half the cost of disposables?  

Washing a load of diapers is about 500 times easier than loading 4 kids & going to Sam's to buy a box of diapers in my book...it's been an incredibly easy transition & I was floored at the new cloth diapers & technology when my friend had to wash a couple of loads over here...I got the low-down from her & saw first-hand how easy it really is.  Loving the diapers...and so does Ava!

I've also switched to cloth napkins & cloth towels instead of paper...still my #1 motivation being that I would rather be home playing than loading up the kids to go buy paper products...it doesn't make that much more laundry or maybe it's just that I've arrived at a new peace with the beast that is the laundry and I like doing things a little "old school".  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amy, we've come a long way baby! Does the outside act like plastic pants what we would have to put on the outside to protect the floor, couch, etc. from leaks? And I love that you don't have to hold open safety pins in you teeth while you try to wrestle the onery little boy so that you can make his diaper fit tight enough that he doesn't strip out of it as soon as he leaves the room and run naked through the house. Pat