Saturday, January 8, 2011

Reaching a milestone

Three days ago, Lily dressed herself, every layer, without help, for the first time.  To say she was proud of herself is a gross understatement.  She couldn't wait to tell her daddy, remembered all day & was the first thing she said to him when he walked through the door.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again...milestones are always bittersweet for me.  On one hand, now Lily can dress herself, making mornings a little easier for me...but it's just another reminder that she's not a baby anymore & getting bigger.  I know I'm not the only one that wants my babies to stay little forever!

And, somewhat related...we have a little Houdini on our hands.  She's not our first to learn how to escape her pjs, but she is the youngest and most talented, getting even the pjs with the little zipper tabs on them off.  And she is proving to be the most persistent...on this night, we re-dressed her 3 times before she (or we?) gave up & she fell asleep.  I just had to chuckle out loud when I went to tuck her in this night-she finally fell asleep in nothing but her diaper with her beloved blankie thrown over her head.
She stepped it up a notch for the sitter last night & took off not only her pjs but also her (poopy) diaper as well...it'll be a miracle if the sweet girl ever comes back to watch our kids again, they have put her through the paces.  

No comments: