Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ski Trip

We took the big kids on a ski trip this past weekend & had a great time!  Kids did ski school the first day so the two of us skied alone, then the next day we all skied together as a family.  Little bit slower-going, but fun and full of laughter-moments I know neither of us will forget.  

The weather could not have been more perfect and oh, my was that mountain glorious and beautiful!  


Macy caught on really fast & I was so proud of her, mainly because I had worried she would be terrified of the lifts because the girl has a serious case of fear-of-heights.  Jack did pretty darn good considering his age...he tired easily & would get scared he was going to fall off the mountain...which we couldn't help but chuckle at which then made him SO mad!







 Considering adding this hat to my yoga pants outfit...then I don't have to fix my hair!!  Heehee!!

We all woke up on the third day missing the rest of our family so much-we couldn't get home to them fast enough!  Lily & Ava got to spend some spoilin' time with Nana & Bob...which they loved every bit as much as we loved skiing.

 I love my hubby!


One of the biggest coincidences of all time I think was on Sunday afternoon-we skied down to the lodge for a break and bumped into my sweet cousin & her family!!  Neither of us knew we would be skiing that weekend and what ARE the chances we would happen to be at the same picnic table at the same time??  It was such a neat surprise to get to see them & then we skied down the mountain together once too! 

We also got to see Uncle Cody & Aunt Shannon & new baby Fynley...oh, my, have I been waiting to get my hands on that sweet little girl!  We spent an evening with them, loving on their precious little girl & catching up as only old friends can do...distance may separate us but our friendship has always kept us close!  And as is always the case...it felt as if there wasn't enough time together.
Waiting for us at Nana & Bop's were two very happy little girls...Lily was so very proud that she had made her daddy cookies while we were gone!

*took all these with my iPhone 4-couldn't believe the quality considering it is a phone...great videos too!


No comments: