Friday, January 28, 2011

To Measure a Year...

Five hundred, twenty-five thousand, six hundred minutes...that's what we are given each year.  How do you measure it?

In Daylights - In Sunsets?
In Midnights - In Cups Of Coffee?
In Inches - In Miles?
In Laughter - In Strife?

In - Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Six Hundred Minutes
How Do You Measure
A Year In The Life?

Five Hundred Twenty-Five Thousand
Journeys To Plan

Measure In Love!
You know that love is a gift from up above!

This past year, my life has been measured in a lot of love.  I loved adding friends to my life though the newly-formed mom's group at church, I loved on my kids, watching them achieve more and more-swimming better, growing taller, learning even more at school, I loved spending lots of time outside in the mountains-with friends & with family.  I loved on 4 friends as they became new moms-some for the first time, some adding to their blessings.  I loved being loved (spoiled?) by my husband, not because I deserve it but because that's the kind of amazing person he is.  I felt God's love like never before when dealing with the struggles of this past year.  I also loved a lot of cups of coffee, hugs, loads of laundry, sunrises and sunsets, and laughter.  Looking back, it has been a good year-a full year, but one I wouldn't trade.
Share love, give love, spread love...
Measure, measure your life in love.

I think 35 is going to fit me well...mid-life?  Here I come!

Now...I have a whole bunch of homemade gifts from little ones just waiting for me to ooohhh and ahhh over, the best presents ever.  Here's to measuring another year of love...

*lyrics from Seasons of Love, Rent

3 comments:

Keri said...

Sending you tons of love and super birthday wishes your way!! You're a keeper.

Rebecca said...

Happy birthday, Amy! And if you "love" those loads of laundry, I have several loads you can love each week :)

Erica said...

Josh sings that song all the time! Gotta love RENT!! Hope your day was perfect - love ya!