Monday, January 17, 2011

"Clock a doodle doo!"

Lily is at the age of thinking of a million things to keep you beside her bed just a minute longer when it's time for rest...her newest is to say "Mommy, when it's mornin' time and will you come in my room and say 'clock a doodle doo' and we can get up & go snuggle on the couch and watch Max and Moobie?"

Ava's first word (awhile ago) was cracker.  She has added other important words like snack, milk, eat, apple, and buffalo wings.  Is every fourth child always concerned about forgetting to be fed, or is that just mine?  Just kidding on the last word, but here's proof that she can suck a chicken bone cleaner than a grown man.
Yes, she's sticking the bone in her ear-we work on manners in our house!
Ava also says words like toot, burp, poop-all courtesy of her five year old brother who says these things (and more) almost non-stop.  Someone, please tell me he will eventually grow out of this.  I have nightmares of him going to a job interview & cracking a toot joke to his prospective boss.  Then he'll be living at home for-ever.
And, while we used to cherish & chuckle at Jack's mispronunciations...saying things like "glitter bugs" for litter bugs, "smashed" potatoes, that it's "soggy" outside instead of foggy, or "nibbles" for nipples (hey, I'm just sayin'...), he's getting words right more and more.

Today, Macy didn't have school so I took her to get our toes painted and I watched her, caught in between two worlds...acting like the little inquisitive girl that she is, asking all about the fish they had there & why was one sick & shouldn't it be in it's own tank so it didn't get the others sick...and then shifting, staring in awe & wonder at the two teen girls who sat beside us, talking about teen things.  I saw the look on her face, just taking them in, sizing them up, and I know thinking about herself being of that age soon.


3 comments:

Joshua R. said...

Don't worry, I'll look past Jack's verbage in the interview for Chick-fil-A. He may get written up though if he tells someone they're ordering a poop sandwich or something like that...;O) Don't worry, he's a BOY!!! That's what they do - I still do it and I'm moderately successful, no?

Keri said...

Right there with you!! Tootie-head is Mason's favorite thing to call everyone right now.

Erica said...

I can't get over that clean chicken bone!!